Job Title: Line Controller
Salary: £8.39 – £9.00ph depending on experience
Working Hours: 08:00am – 16:00pm, Monday – Friday, flexibility is key and some overtime when required.
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Reports to: Production Management
Colleague Team: All process personnel, QC personnel, Warehouse Personnel
Other internal contacts: Directors, various levels of management within the company, other members of staff within functional roles.
External contacts: Equipment and raw material suppliers, customer auditors.
To supervise staff on the production line. complete line paperwork and relevant checks to an accurate standard as per company policy. Ensure 100% attainment to production plan. To ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness on the shop floor.
You will manage and lead a team to ensure that performance within your area is maximised through careful monitoring, identifying trends within a particular area and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance.
• Reviews daily schedule with supervisor/Manager.
• Inspects the appropriate production equipment for cleanliness, allergen issues and foreign objects and material.
• Completes machinery setup/shutdown process for specific operation of equipment to the product being run.
• Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters.
• Performs and maintain quality inspections and checks.
• Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers.
• Performs daily housekeeping chores.
• Maintains a clean, dry and safe working environment by consistently adhering to good housekeeping practices.
• Works safely and performs daily safety checks on all equipment.
• Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and employee safety issues.
• Performs changeovers with adherence to Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Rotates into Packer position to perform Packer duties as business/operational needs dictate.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Ensure the production room is cleaned as required using cleaning procedures. Ensure cleaning is recorded using relevant documentation.
Health and Safety:
To satisfy the legal requirements by being responsible for your own and your colleagues’ Health and Safety.
Full training will be provided. Previous food production experience/food hygiene certificate would be desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to work on own initiative.
4. Effective communication skills.
5. Good time keeping.
6.Previous experience leading & monitoring staff.
To apply, please send your CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also bring a paper copy of your CV to our office on Bright Street, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 5QH.
No agencies. Previous applicants need not apply.